Bank exams, be it Bank PO (probationary officer) examination or Bank Clerical are not that difficult to crack as many people presume them to be. The main issue in this area is “vacancies : applicants” ratio. So instead of focusing on the toughness of the paper, one needs to concentrate on preparation. One has to surpass the scores of many others in order to stand a chance.
The first thing you need to know is the pattern of the exam. A written test for a bank exam consists of 2 parts, objective part and a descriptive part. The objective part consists of four sections namely, Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness/ Marketing aptitude. The exact pattern for a specific bank can be found in the ‘acquaint yourself booklet’ which you get when you apply for an exam
Many students requested me to recommend an all-in-one kind of book to refer for these examinations. Students are requested to practice from as many sources (online and offline) as possible to enable them to adapt to various kinds of papers. Practicing from multiple sources will broaden their horizon providing them flexibility and better ability to handle any kind of situation.
Although one book cannot be an end in itself, I am listing below a list of the best Bank Clerical and Bank PO examination books available. Instead of buying books at MRP from book stores, it would be wise to either buy them second hand (disadvantage of not getting the latest pattern) or through websites like flipkart.com (advantage of getting the latest editions at heavily discounted prices).
Best Bank PO and Bank Clerical Books
- BANK PO & Specialist Officers Exam Guide – by Gkp (Publisher: G. K. Publishers (p) Ltd) – Purchase Online
- Along with building the fundamentals on various topics covered under banking exams with the help of the book – BANK PO & Specialist Officers Exam Guide, a candidate needs to practice as much as possible. For preparation of Bank P.O. exams I suggest a book from the same publisher GKP. They publish an excellent collection of previous papers of Bank P.O. examinations of all major banks in the name of Previous Papers BANK P. O. Recruitment Exam – Purchase Online
- Another good book for probationary officers’ examination is “BPO : Bank Probationary Officers’ Exam” by Ashok Mehta. For people preparing for this banking examination, I think it is an investment worth making. Purchase Online
- For clerical recruitment – Bank Clerical Cadre Recruitment Exam by T. S. Jain - Purchase Online
- For Bank I.T. officers examination preparation – Bank I. T. Officers : For All National & Private Sector Banks Exam Guide by Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2011) Editorial Board – Purchase Online
Check out other books for preparation for a specific bank using this link – list of bank examination books
If you need any further help from me regarding the above list please let me know by posting a comment below.