I’ll share with you one simple method of finding the square of numbers between 50 and 60. Like many other Vedic Mathematics methods, in this method also, we will get the answer in two parts. Since the numbers are in 50s and square of 50 is 2500, we will just use 25 in our calculations, ignoring the zeros.
- To get the first part of the answer, add the digit at the units place to 25 and write the sum
- To get the second part, calculate the square of units place digit and write it
It’ll be easier to understand this with an example.
To find the square of 57 –
First part: 25 + digit at units unit in 57 = 25 + 7 = 32
Second part: square of 7 = 49
Combining both the parts – 3249 is the answer.
Another way to look at it can explain you the logic behind this technique – 57 can be written as
= 50^2 +2*50*7 + 7^2
= 2500 + 100*7 + 7^2
=100*(25+7) + 7^2
You can replace 7 by any other number in unit’s place and get answer for it.
You may also like:
- Trick to Find Square Root
- Shortcut to Find Square of a Number
- How to Find Square of Numbers Ending in 9