Vedic Mathematics is the name given to the ancient system of Mathematics which was rediscovered from the Vedas between 1911 and 1918 by Sri Bharati Krsna Tirthaji (1884-1960). The aim of such sutra is to simplify the entire calculations and arithmetical operations.
Vedic Maths Course
There are 16 sutras in vedic mathematics as per Sri Bharati Krsna Tirthaji Maharaj. The below mentioned list of topics (course content) is how I look at it.
- Vedic Addition
- Vedic Subtraction
- All from 9 and the last from 10
- Various other methods
- Multiplication (inclusive of mental multiplication)
- "By one more than the previous one"
- Multiplication by 9, 99, ( and so on), 11, 111, (and son on..)
- Base method of multiplication and many more
- Vertically and crosswise multiplications - criss-cross method
- Part of Division (you will be amazed)
- "Transpose and apply"
- Special division cases
- Squaring (it's so simple) : More than 10 different methods will be discussed for different cases
- Square root of perfect squares and imperfect squares.
- Cubing(using things differently)
- Cube Roots (by seeing only & not by working on it). Different methods for perfect cube and non-perfect cube
- Dates and calendar
- Magic Square
- Special mathematical tricks and techniques
- Application of vedic mathematics in trigonometry, geometry, algebra and calculus
- Value (finding and remembering) of fractions
- Checking the accuracy of different mathematical operations
- Differential calculus
- Solving an algebraic equation of one variable
- "Transpose and adjust (the coefficient)"
- Solving simultaneous equation and quadratic equation
- "If the Samuccaya is the same (on both sides of the equation, then) that Samuccaya is (equal to) zero"
- By the Paravartya rule
- "If one is in ratio, the other one is zero."
- Solving cubic equation
- Solving fractional equation
- "The ultimate (binomial) and twice the penultimate (binomial) (equals zero),"
Through www.QuickerMaths.com (QM) I'll try to cover all the above vedic maths related topics. Lot of other topics, techniques, shortcuts will be part of QM. Mathematical games, puzzles, riddles, etc. are also included to make every kid sharp.
You may also like:
- Benefits of Vedic Mathematics
- Vedic Mathematics Techniques for Finding HCF
- Division in Vedic Mathematics